We are seeking motivated, honest and qualified individuals to join our team!
The Certificate of Higher Education Foundation Studies (CHEFS) is a one-year certificate programme under the Department of Foundation Studies at Western Pacific University. The programme aims to prepare students to be university ready. The programme consists of eight units that develop and enhance critical, analytical and IT skills required to pursue degree studies in the digital age.
The department is now looking to engage suitably qualified individual to fill vacancies in the following areas.
- 1x Lecturer with a background in Education (English Major)
- 1x Lecturer with a background in Arts and Social Sciences
- 1x Tutor with a background in the Moodle learning management system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Candidates should be able to:
- Act as a Tutor to assigned units and efficiently an accurately keep and manage relevant records.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the ongoing development of units and programmes; and in the development of new provision using various media as directed by the Head of Department
- Prepare, deliver and support units within the programme as directed by the Head of Department
- Adhere to academic quality systems, ensuring high standards are achieved and maintained in line with University’s strategic objectives.
Qualification & Experience
- Candidates should meet the following:
- 2 x Lecturer – Masters level with a background in Humanities and Education respectively
- Tutor – Honors/Post Graduate Certificate and/or Diploma with a background in Moodle and Student/Academic Enrichment Programs
- All suitable individuals must have 3 – 5 years teaching experience in a higher education institution and have experience in using Moodle as the Learning Management System to facilitate teaching and learning in a University.
Interested applicants should submit through email an EOI, updated CV and other relevant documents addressed to:
Further details on the positions can be obtained from the Human Resource Office.
Closing Date: 24th of November 2023